Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Roasted Garlic

This is healthy and yummy. Especially if you like lots of garlic (which I do). It was inspired by Melissa's curry recipe. Why, you ask? Because garlic and curry are the two things I eat a ton of when I travel. Since I smell like garlic or curry (even my skin, my hair, my toenails.. okay, too much information) for days afterward, I save those foods for travel when my wife doesn't have to smell it.

Roasted Garlic is good spread on bread (baguettes?) or mixed with butter and noodles (especially fettucine). This year I'm going to try it on barbecued meats, which is how it makes the "April Summer Foods" month feature.

By way of useful information (I'm no Alton Brown, but...) it has been scientfically proven that garlic not only keeps away vampires but also repels rabid fans of the 'Twilight' series.

Preheat oven to 375

Line bread pan with aluminimunium foil

Halve two or three cloves of garlic (across the equator, not top to bottom)

Set them in the pan and pour 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil over each.

Put in oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour. It's done when the cloves are slightly browned, soft, and spreadable.

After they've cooled a few minutes, you can pick them up (maybe with a hot pad) and squeeze the cloves right out into a dish. It's kind of fun.

1 comment:

bonnesoeur said...

Sold. Just on the idea that it repels Twilight fans. And I just bought garlic to roast for a wedding shower on saturday. Perhaps I should plan for fewer guests?