Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Most Amazing Salad

Seriously, if I had to give up either chocolate or this salad, I'd choose to never eat chocolate again. Its that good.

1 bag of fresh baby spinach
1 chicken breast, cooked and cubed
1 jar marinated artichoke hearts, diced
1 can of pears, sliced
handful of walnuts
handful of bacon bits
handful of fresh parmesan cheese
a bit of poppyseed dressing

If I don't have some of the ingredients on hand, I just leave them out and its still a pretty good salad. The parmesan cheese is really expensive, and the artichoke hearts are only affordable if you buy them in buk at Sam's Club. Only use a little big of the salad dressing- enough to flavor, but don't coat the spinach in it at all. Its not at all good for you and the less you use the better health wise. And soggy spinach is gross anyway. So just flavor, don't drench.

I've had this for lunch for the past few days, and wow, thats become my favorite meal of the day. I like to think its healthy because of the spinach. If you use the rest of the ingredients sparingly, I suppose it is healthy.

3 comments:

Jess said...

Yum. I'm thinking of pairing this with stuffed pork chops and garlic green beans and some real mashed potatoes, with a white chocolate cheesecake for dessert.

Anyone want to come for dinner?

Ms. Emma said...

ooo! ooo! pick me!

MJ said...

So, that totally defeats the healthiness of the salad. But sounds amazing. Please, lets do that sometime.