Monday, March 9, 2009

Comfort Foods: Chocolate Chip Cookies

Go to store. Walk to refrigerated aisle. Put package of Nestle Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough in your cart. Proceed to check out. Pay and go home. Follow directions on package.

The bonus is, no mess and they're done faster.

Ha ha ha ha. You thought I was gonna post my secret recipe. Fooled you.

But really, the reason why I do cookies this way is because I haven't been able to make my recipe work in our oven. Like all rented apartment ovens, its a piece of crap and doesn't bake right. Since the Nestle pre made cookie dough is cheaper than my secret recipe, I just do it that way. And then, when I find out my visiting teachers are coming over in 30 minutes, I can pull those out just as they walk in. And then they think that not only am I amazing for having cookies ready, but that I'm extra amazing for already having the mess cleaned up. I've been told that I'm passive aggressive because I do things like that. Oh well. I need to get out of this place. April 27th can't come fast enough.

2 comments:

Ms. Emma said...

amen. although, normally when i give into the temptation of buying this...the dough never makes it on the pan and into the oven. Good times.

Aaron said...

Save yourself a little time and money... Get 'sweet martha's' brand out of the freezer section. They're cookie dough balls in a cheap looking plastic bag. They're good frozen. I like to keep an open bag in the freezer. Then I have to run an extra 4 miles.