Saturday, February 21, 2009

un-official declaration:

In the spirit of the February doldrums, I hereby un-officially declare that March should be Comfort Food Month on prattfamilycooking. I recognize my inability to make it official since we all collaborate, but you can help me make it official by participating. You see, our posts have petered out since the holidays, and I really enjoy reading recipes. Especially recipes that are attached to memories. I would also like to encourage more photo posting, but perhaps that can be a theme for another month (April, perhaps? anyone?)

So you have a week to prepare. It doesn't matter how basic the recipe is, it just has to be comforting enough to get you through those last few snowstorms and cold mornings. Perhaps its some form of a warm breakfast. (Has anyone mastered the art of re-heating oatmeal that has already taken the mould of the pan?) Or perhaps you have a summer recipe that keeps your hope for green grass alive? Either way, brush the congealed batter off the pages and prepare to post and partake. I already have 6 or 7 ready to go...