Thursday, October 9, 2008

Garlic Lime Chicken

This has become a fovorite at the Nelson house. I often times but the chicken when it is clearanced out. I then put the marinade in a ziploc bag with the chicken and stick it in the freezer. When we want a nice meal, I pull it out the night before and let it marinade and thaw in the refrigerator.

1/2 cup lime juice
1/4 cup cider vinegar
3 tsps minced garlic
2 tablespoons dried oregano
1 tablespoon dried coriander
2 tsp salt
1 tsp paprika
bone-in chicken (I like to use chicken breasts when on sale)
1/4 cub olive oil

Combine all ingredients except oil in a resealable plastic bag. Refrigerate over night or at least 8 hours.
Discard marinade. In skillet brown chicken on all sides in oil. Transfer to greased baking pan. Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes and juices run clear. (I am actually unsure on baking time for a normal oven - mine is a little kooky)

No comments: