Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Most Fantastic and sort-of low-fat Pumpkin Cookies

These were a huge success the other night at Grandpa Pratt's house. They went really fast and got all sorts of compliments, which makes me feel a little bad since they are the easiest thing on the planet. I got the recipe from my friend Ginger, and I have to give her the credit.

1 can of pumpkin pie filling (the big can, from Libby's is what I prefer, but make sure it is pie filling, not just the canned pumpkin)
1 Spice cake mix (whichever brand you like, although Duncan Hines is the kind with no milk product in it.)
1 egg
1 package chocolate chips

Mix it all up, and it should be pretty sticky, more like muffin batter than your average cookie dough. If you feel like it is too wet, add a little flour (half a cup?).

Scoop them onto a cookie sheet with a BIG scoop. I like a real ice cream scoop size thing. Bake for 16 minutes at 350.

It is particularly reccommended that you bake these when you want your house to smell yummy. Yummy is the only word for it. Yummy.

No comments: